Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bedroom and Closet Organization Tips

Bedroom and Closet Organization


Here are my 5 favorite tips to help organize my favorite room of the house: my bedroom!



Tip 1:


For dresser drawers, rolled up clothing looks really nice and is much easier to keep organized than folded clothing. Since you can see exactly what you have, there is no need to dig to the bottom of a pile to find the shirt you are looking for!

Tip 2:


Jewelry tends to just get in gigantic tangles if you don't have some way to keep it organized. I love my tree jewelry holder. I found it on display at a local boutique. You would be surprised at what they sell if you just ask!

Tip 3:


A great way to hang scarves is to get some shower curtain rings and a hanger. So easy!

Tip 4:


My favorite way to organize shirts is rainbow order. I think it is so visually appealing. Tell me I am not the only one who does this, right?

Tip 5:


De-clutter and straighten.  If you haven't worn something in the last 6 months, chances are you probably aren't going to wear it again. There is no need to let unused clothing clutter up your closet! Another great space saver is to take all of your off-season clothes and put them away. I use my guest bedroom closet, but a large storage tote works as well. I am also a fan of hampers that have a lid. Nobody wants to see your dirty underwear, trust me! 

This organization process is quick and easy, it took me about 30 minutes to straighten everything up and when my husband came home from work he said, "I have never had a closet look this nice!"

-Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment