Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Deep Cleaning Schedule

Deep Cleaning on a Weekly Basis

We all know how easy it is to forget to deep clean our homes. Who has the time for that? I have noticed in my own home that I put off cleaning all of my blinds, baseboards, windows etc. until they are caked with dust begging to be cleaned. In order to fix this problem, I have developed an 8 week deep cleaning schedule and I am amazed at how much more accomplished I feel! It is so much easier to deep clean on a weekly basis and stay on top of things rather than having everything piling up at once. I only spend 5-10 minutes every day right before work. Easy Peasy! (Note: This is to be done in addition to regular cleaning)

Week 1: Blinds. We all know this is our LEAST favorite thing to clean so we might as well get it over with, right? Pick one room/ set a day until they are all clean.

Week 2: Inside Windows. After our blinds are all nice and clean we definitely are going to want to have our windows shine! My favorite window cleaner: get a rag or sponge wet with water and dawn dish soap and squeegee clean. Clean one window/ room daily depending on how many windows are in your home.

Week 3: Walls/ Baseboards. These actually go a lot quicker than you think. Grab a flat mop and get it damp with water and a little Windex and mop your walls and baseboards. This is a great way to get all of the cobwebs off of the corners of your ceilings! If you have kids who love to draw and wipe things on the wall (wink, wink), you may want to invest in some magic erasers too. Mop the walls in one room each day.

Week 4: Doors. Make sure to get all the framing around each door, you will be surprised at how dusty it gets! Clean 2-3 doors each day depending on the size of your home.
  
Week 5: Light fixtures. Be extra careful with these, especially fragile fixtures. Dust ceiling fans, clean glass fixtures in the sink with a little dish soap. Clean the light fixtures in one room each day.

Week 6: The Fridge. Also another thing that I dread cleaning. It is amazing how much food we forget about that is tucked away in the back of the fridge. Use hot water and dish soap to clean your fridge.

Week 7: Cabinets. If you have black cabinets like I do, this is something that is done every time I clean my kitchen, but otherwise bi-monthly should be great. Pick one day for kitchen cabinets and an additional day for each bathroom to clean the cabinets.


Week 8: Relax! Take a break from deep cleaning this week, You've earned it!


-Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment