Thursday, June 18, 2015

HELP! SUMMER!





Summer break is finally here, and I have a feeling you are all going insane like I am! Three kids, summer home without daycare or camps?! The noise level in here is unbelievable, plus a noisy puppy as well on my part. I cannot believe how messy a house can get in the 10 minutes I spend in the bathroom. What to do? Keeping a clean house in the summer can be depressing: here are a few things to try.

  • 1.       Have your kids do chores. I have the 3 year old sweeping the floor (minus the broom stick), and he cleans up all the toys. My 7 year old is cleaning cat-boxes, feeding pets, vacuuming, and wiping down the furniture every week. The baby, however, makes messes for them to clean… It gives them something to do besides scream loudly they’re hungry 12 hours a day.

  • 2.       Find little rewards for doing chores. Go outside! Read a book! Eat that stupid chocolate bar! Don’t spend all day staring at the TV and wishing the screen didn’t have a dust glare on it. Set aside an hour a day just for cleaning, and pick ONE chore.

  • 3.       Don’t spend your weekends catching up on laundry and dishes. Make sure you try to do a little bit each day during the week. Weekends are for FUN!

  1. 4.       Hire me hire me! Having a maid come in once a week does WONDERS. Have her/him do the bathrooms and kitchen if nothing else. I*hate* doing the bathrooms in my own home. Especially the kid’s bathroom. It makes you feel so much better to not do those things.

  • 5.       If you cannot afford a maid, make a schedule on when you will do them and stick to it. If your kid’s old enough, make them do it! J (hiring a maid is more affordable than you think!)

  • 6.       Most importantly, just make sure that you set aside some quiet “You” time. Kids can take a nap, turn on a movie for them (after chores), have them read books. Take a minute for YOU every day. If you don’t see me get mine, you may see me on the evening news. I know how important it is!


Enjoy that summer! And as always, we are here to help!


Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment